Monday, October 18, 2010

Sex?

Ok, now that I have your attention (you pervs!) ...As I was sitting on my shit-pot, and contemplating in that zen like state, it occurred to me that inspite of all my liberal pretensions, how my mind and it's imagery was still very andro-centric(this does not imply that I m gay....)...Confused? Let me explain...Suppose someone mentions the word Christian to me, or Punjabi, Hindu, or Muslim...The image that I conjure in my head is always of a christian 'guy', a 'punjabi' guy, or a hindu/muslim guy....It's almost always a 'guy'(with the exception of an egyptian belly dancer.....thank god for that!)...So this got me thinking(surprise!surprise!)....How and when did we as human beings become so male centric....No wonder the world is such a screwed up place...It would have been so much better had the scenario been reversed....Let's say when someone says 'Mexico' to me, instead of picturing a drug dealer, I picture Salma Hayek(hmmm, interesting.....10 second day dreaming break............ok i m back.....)...racial prejudice resolved, and peace is achieved....Now if someone could tell this to Hamas or the Israelis....

p.s.sex is a three letter word...not four....there you go...the title is now justified

7 comments:

Harshvardhan Pande said...

:P

Parth said...

Parth said...

The only saving grace seems to be that, thankfully you were not writing this while still on your shit pot!!

shilpa said...

parth there isnt any guarantee for that...we have got wireless u see :)

Parth said...

Aah!! Didi you've hit the target bang on with this...:-)
As for amit, i trust him to make the use of the technology to the fullest!!

Vikas Arya said...

But Amit wont even mind, typing while doing.. He's actually multi-talented & multi-tasking.

Sanjeev Gadgil said...

i think it is male centric for a reason...
I mean lets say that everytime we think of any sect or group of people, nay, of actually anything. if we start conjuring up female heads (not just heads you see :P ) in our mind, we would be wasting like 10secs (minimum, according to your entry), for every thought. this is hardly efficient in a fast moving world as ours, where we are so busy that we have to write blogs while shitting...
As W.H.Davies once (secretly) said:

What is this life if full of care,
we have no time to shit and to swear

ok.. that was a load of crap... but ah haa!! i got time to say all that load of crap... cos i was not female centrically thinking! :P